Selling your Works of Art online with Flying Ducks Art Gallery
Our Promise to You the Artist
You do what you do best producing works of art. We do what we do best – Sell you art.
Flying Ducks Gallery will work hard with integrity and in a professional manner to market and sell your works of art through the website to our customers wishing to buy art in all forms online. These terms and conditions regulate the business relationship between you and Flying Ducks Gallery. By using Flying Ducks Gallery website to display, advertise, market and sell your works of art, you agree to be bound by them.
- You are agreeing to Flying Ducks Gallery marketing and selling the works of art you submit to the website.
- There is no fee to place your works of art on the Flying Ducks Gallery website.
Creating an account with Flying Ducks Gallery
- To create an account with the Flying Ducks Gallery website you need to complete the enquiry form or email email@example.com. During this process you need to provide us with your contact details: including telephone number/mobile and email address and preferred bank/PayPal details for payment to you following a sale of your work/s of art.
- A paragraph about you the Artist, your story, creates an interest in you to prospective buyers and will encourage sales of your work/s of art.
- The artists selling works of art on Flying Ducks Gallery website are chosen for the special qualities their works of art bring to the website.
- Attach high definition photographs of your works of art:
Limited edition prints – small issues only
- You can submit as many pieces of art as you wish to, one main photograph and up to 3 thumbnail images to show close up images of each piece of your work. ‘in situ’ images increase your chances of selling your work of art.
- A description of you work is required to include style, media used, size, reason for the particular piece of work of art, and any other relevant information to enhance the online description.
- Your shipping costs for each piece of art work submitted plus details of carrier.
- You will be contacted within 48 hours from application to let you know if your work/s of art have been accepted by Flying Ducks Gallery.
- Your work/s of art will be displayed for sale on Flying Ducks Gallery website within 24 hours of acceptance.
How you get paid
Benefits of selling your art with us
It is free to sell your art with us. There is a fully automated system allowing us to manage your artwork. Once you have taken photographs of your artwork, send them to us and we will upload them. We will then create a gallery, including thumbnail images. If you are unable to fulfil orders please let us know. When you have an order you will be alerted by email. We look after the customers, answering any questions they might have.
- When you sell an artwork your payment will arrive within 28 days from date of shipment. You will receive a purchase advice note for every piece of artwork sold.
- As we are an online art gallery we utilise Google Ad and Key words, as well as advertising in various high end magazines to promote our artists in the best way possible.
- We take only a modest commission from the price you set for each artwork.
- Unlike a lot of other online galleries we promote our artists, as our site will only be successful if we sell your artwork. Our artists are chosen to ensure that our customers are only exposed to high quality works of art.
- We offer a no quibble 14 day money back guarantee, to stimulate sales, and to ensure our customers feel confident in purchasing from us.
- You must package your work securely, and despatch it within 5 days of receiving an order.
- Your work must be placed in ‘Holiday Mode’ if you are away, and therefore unable to fulfil orders, and replaced on your return.
- If you sell an artwork independently you must either remove it from the site, or mark it as sold. This can be done in the ‘My Artwork’ section of your profile. Simply mark the work as ‘Sold’ on the inventory tab.
- The price for your artwork is set by you. Our commission rate is 25% net of VAT. This commission covers running costs for the site, advertising and marketing, credit card processing, invoicing, and administration.
- You are responsible for packaging costs and delivery in the UK. Your price should therefore include these costs. £20 is usually a sufficient amount to cover the cost for most pieces. For larger or heavier pieces of art it is best to contact your preferred courier for the cost.
- The purchaser of the artwork will be asked for an additional charge for shipments outside the UK.
- All artwork sold must be accompanied by a signed Certificate of Authenticity which will be emailed to you in pdf format for you to print out and send with the artwork.
- Customers can pay using our debit/credit card processing system, PayPal, cheque or bank transfer. When we receive payment you will be notified of the purchase details (by email or phone). You must then package the artwork and dispatch to the customer within 5 working days. Payment will be made within 28 days from the date of shipment. This allows for 7 days delivery, 14 days money back guarantee, and 7 days return. You will be paid by bank transfer or cheque.
- The customer can return the artwork for any reason within the money back guarantee period. If an artwork is returned, the customer pays postage and insurance. You will not be eligible to recoup the delivery cost to the customer. Return rates are very small indeed.Please see: Artists’ Terms and Conditions which are available on the Dashboard once you have registered or upon request.